Ahead of the Eid-el-Fitr celebration for Muslim faithful, some state governors have begun to relax the lockdown which they initially imposed as a necessary measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
This decision by the state is coming at a time when the nation as a whole is still battling with the deadly virus with cases rising on a daily basis.
However, these governors in question alongside lifting the ban admonished residents to adhere to rules of social distancing during the celebration.
Governors who have made this move are listed below:
1. Governor Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano)
2. Darius Dickson Ishaku (Taraba)
3. Abdullahi Sule (Nasarawa)
4. Mohammed Abubakar (Bauchi)
5. Babagana Umara Zulum (Borno)
6. Aminu Bello Masari (Katsina)